Friday 7 March 2014

Festive 48 - Week 8


Week 8, and I'm looking around the Christmas card challenges to help me keep coming up with ideas. This week Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge  had the theme 'reindeer' and a couple of their DT linked up to my last linky. (Thank you!) They used cute reindeers so I thought I'd do something different.

I made a background by sponging red and green inks, then stamped it with stamps from a set of stamps I got free with a magazine ages ago.  Then I sprayed it with glitter varnish ( and nearly knocked myself out with the fumes!) .

I mounted it on patterned mirror card ( can you spot me in the reflection?) and added die-cut holly with liquid pearl berries.

Just to recap, I have challenged myself to make a Christmas card every week , and post it here (to make sure I do it!) . If I do this, by the beginning of December I will have 48 Christmas cards. I have also issued an invitation to anyone who would like to join me.

Thank you to everyone who's joined me so far. I love seeing your cards. 

As well as Holly Jolly Christmas , I'd also like to enter 
Fab n Funky  Christmas 
Crafty Hazelnut Christmas  Anything goes 
Simply Create Too Shop in your stash 



11 comments:

chrissie said...

Really lovely bright card Marina-love the stamp you used.

Not sure I will be joining you this time as I have so many things to do this week.

Love Chrissie x

Inkyfingers said...

What a bright, festive card Marina. I love your inked background - it makes it so atmospheric somehow. Thanks for joining us at the Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge.
Hugs
Carolx

sue t. said...

WOW!!! a Christmas card a week?!!? I am so impressed and I am impressed by your card!! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too!

sue t. said...

WOW!!! a Christmas card a week?!!? I am so impressed and I am impressed by your card!! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Marina: Your Christmas card is beautiful!! Glad you joined our "Use Your Stash Challenge #56" and hope you enter in all our Simply Create Too upcoming challenges also.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Birgit said...

This is striking-so beautiful! I love the rich colours and the reindeer image surrounded wonderfully by the tree, snowflake and Joy. This is stunning

1CardCreator said...

Great card, lovin all that red too! I'll be joining you later in the week! I love that I am getting a head start on my Christmas cards too! ~Diane

Hazel said...

Beautiful sponging and stamping. Thanks for entering your lovely card for my CHNC challenge extra for March - hope to see you again soon . You could also enter this for our new Completely Christmas challenge 1 - we would love to see it there too, Haze, DT x

Pat K said...

Beautiful Christmas card Marina. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K x

Meighan Wheller said...

Love the background Marina. So glad we inspired your next Christmas card over at Holly Jolly. So glad to be sharing with you again this week and adding to my stash! Meg

Beccy said...

Gorgeous Christmas card - gorgeous background and stamps - thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky

Beccy x