Friday 9 May 2014

Festive 48 - week 17


Week 17 already!

And this week I have a top tip for anyone new to using Frantage encrusted embossing - wear mittens- or at least don't get a fragment stuck beneath your nail, as it hurts!

My penguin was cut on the Silhouette, and I layered it up with label die cuts, one of which I dry embossed. I added a border of punched snowflakes with gems and used Frantage embossing powder with fragments, glitter etc. For my layout I used the sketch at Seize the Sketch.

Just to recap, I have challenged myself to make a Christmas card every week , and post it here (to make sure I do it!) . If I do this, by the beginning of December I will have 48 Christmas cards. I have also issued an invitation to anyone who would like to join me by linking up ONE card each week. 

Thank you to everyone who's joined me so far. I love seeing your cards. 

As well as Seize the Sketch , I'd like to enter 
Addicted to Stamps  wings 
Holly Jolly embossing 
Addicted to Stamps holiday 
Fab n Funky Christmas 
Jingle Belles layered 



14 comments:

Michelle J M said...

Brilliant card Marina. The black and white is so effective and I just love that little penguin! Michelle x

1CardCreator said...

Really cute card love the penguins. ~Diane

Pia S said...

Luckily I've never got frantage stuck under my finger nails, and I do like the effect of it on this card:)

Anonymous said...

It is crazy that it has been 17 weeks! Great card. I am a sucker for black and white. Even with a big penguin it looks so classy. =)
- Shauna

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love your monochromatic creation! Thanks for joining in with our Fab 'n' Funky Christmas challenge this fortnight. Good luck! Hugs, Wends x - Fab 'n' Funky DT

stressfreestamping said...

I love the black and white. Fun layers and texture too! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.:)

Beccy said...

gorgeous effect with the black and white theme - Thanks for joining the Fab n Funky challenge this week - hope to see you again soon. Beccy x

SmilynStef said...

I do keep disposable rubber gloves in my studio to protect myself from those kinds of pretty products ... love the graphics design of your holiday card ... so glad you got bundled-up with us at jingle belles.

Meighan Wheller said...

A very frosty cool Christmas card Marina. Cool image and great layout! Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly, we would love to see you at our next challenge. Meg

cm said...

Your little penguin is charming, nestled on his background of black and white. The snowflakes are a perfect special touch! Pretty and darling!
c

lauren bergold said...

oh wow! i love that handsome penguin and the clever way you've layered him on all those fun shapes! thanks for "bundling up" with us at JINGLE BELLES! :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun Christmas card! Thanks for joining in with STS!

Danoesja said...

Hi Marina
What a cute card in black and white, very nice.
Thanks for playing with us at Addicted to stamps.
Greetings, Danoesja

Deepti said...

What a sweet penguin card :)