Friday 26 September 2014

Festive 48 - Week 37


Is this a Christmas card? Certainly I thought I was making a Christmas card when I made it! For some reason I thought the stamp of the bird in the circles, a freebie with Craft Stamper magazine, was a Christmas stamp, but looking at it now there's not really anything Christmas about it , (and the CS DT's projects weren't Christmas either).

I stamped 'Winter Wishes' (part of a free set from another magazine) and added gems and a panel of embossed red card ( using a non- Christmas embossing folder!).  So does it look Christmassy or will the recipient think I'm mad???

Just to recap, I have challenged myself to make a Christmas card every week , and post it here (to make sure I do it!) . If I do this, by the beginning of December I will have 48 Christmas cards. I have also issued an invitation to anyone who would like to join me by linking up ONE card each week. 

This link up is always 'Any Christmas Card Goes'. 

Thank you to everyone who's joined me so far. I love seeing your cards. 

I'd like to enter:
Stamping Sensations   things with wings 




14 comments:

Kylie said...

I think it makes a beautiful Christmas stamp. Awesome card with all the red! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Barb Ghig said...

Such a charming card, Marina! So glad to have you with us this week at ATSM! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

sandie said...

I would have thought it was Xmas, it is like the wreath stamp I have. And the bits looks like he has a Xmas hat on! Thanks for joining ATSM x

chrissie said...

Such a beautiful card Marina and I so admire you for sticking to the one a week Christmas Card. Wish I had stuck with you. I still only have the ones I made for your challenge :(

Love Chrissie x

Pia S said...

To me this looks like a Christmas card, the red and white color scene contributes to that, and a wreath with a little birdie can be used for any occasion really, Christmas too!

Peanut said...

That is just the cutest little birdy ever! BTW, your card in unmistakably Christmassy, Marina.
hugs, Asha

Unknown said...

Loving this monochromatic masterpiece :) Thank you so much for taking the time to create such a fun card to share with us at Addicted to Stamps and More! We sure hope to see you back again soon :)

brenda said...

A lovely crisp and elegant card Marine and perfect for our theme.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

JMC Creates said...

A great CAS card and the image is cool. Jacqui DT Open Minded Crafting

Sue - said...

It makes a good Christmas card even if its not a Christms stamp. I have to admit I thought it was too when the mag arrived!!

pinky said...

Oh this is so striking, I love it. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

maureenjscott said...

This is a fabulous card! I love that you used the free stamp as a Christmassy image, I think it looks great! I'm so glad I bought the mag! Thanks for sharing at Open Minded Crafting Fun this fortnight! Mo xx

cm said...

Red, white, an artsy wreath, a darling 'cardinal', 'winter wishes' sentiment...tallied up the details and the results: a most festive and fabulous card, indeed! The background paper looks marvelous, as does the bit of flair. Whoever receives this will adore it, as do I!
~c

Crafting Vicky said...

WOW love the great CAS look to this. The addition of the pearls is awesome.

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.